Drain Fixed Locations

Christopher

Question

1 answer to this question

Re: Drain Fixed Locations

It is not against the rules for a character to Drain (or otherwise Adjust) the Fixed Location(s) of a target’s Teleportation. However, for these purposes all forms of Fixed Location should be considered an Adder, so the Adjustment Power must have the Can Add (Remove) Adders (+1) Advantage to affect them.

Beyond that, though, the GM is well within his authority to forbid this sort of power if it doesn’t make sense. If someone brought that to me as a GM, I’d immediately want to know (a) how the character can perceive that the target has Fixed Locations, and (B) by what mechanism do you purport to be able to interfere with them (particularly if you want to do so separately from affecting the Teleportation itself). I can certainly think of situations where I’d allow something like this, provided it was properly defined within the campaign’s definitions for how Teleportation works. For example, in a Star Trek-like setting, I could buy the existence of a device that scrambles transporter settings. But if this was just some player’s entirely mechanical attempt to take tactical advantage of a game mechanic with no real thought for special effects, common sense, dramatic sense, and game balance, I wouldn’t allow it. But YMMV. ;)