Follow up to Christopher's question...

Doc Democracy

Question

Mr Black Hole Armour has Density Increase and Absorption that feeds the DI.

His STR is based on his powered armour (OIF) and is armour piercing due to the density of his fists. His PD and ED are also based on the powered armour and hardened due to the dense nature of the armour.

When the armour is attacked it absorbs the power into the DI.

If the absorption is to pay for the DI with advantaged STR and defences then 16 points of DI have 20 STR which require 5 points to pay for armour piercing; 4 ED requiring 1 point to be hardened and 4 PD requiring 1 point to be hardened.

For four levels of DI the adsorption must see 23 BODY for 23 character points. I would probably simplify that to 6 points per level of DI.

The rules, as far as I could see, were silent on the point of whether I should be taking the OIF into account as both the STR and the defences are still related to the armour.

If so, I could call it a wash and each level of DI would require only 4 points from the adsorption.

So. What is required to get my DI with advantaged stats? 4 points per level or 6 points per level??

Doc

1 answer to this question

Re: Follow up to Christopher's question...

I'm not going to try to work through the numbers, not this early in the morning on a Monday, ;) so I'll just answer generally. As noted on 6E1 189, Advantages bought for a Characteristic affected by DI, he has to buy that Advantage to cover the Characteristics gained by DI. That probably means buying it as a naked Advantage. If you want to Adjust a naked Advantage, you need to figure out how to break it down into "increments" so that you know how many BODY it takes to improve the naked Advantage by one "increment."

And certainly, if all this is run through a Focus or subject to some other Limitation, that Limitation is going to apply to the naked Advantage (and the Absorption, in your example).