Alan Moore's "1963"

itsalwayssunny

Has anyone written up Champions versions of the characters from "1963"?

They seem like a really fun alternative to playing in Marvel's backyard as the characters have a sort of implied history but no continuity you'd have to adhere to, plus the series was only 6 issues long and the storyline was never resolved.

I'm lazy so I'd rather not start from scratch if I don't have to, so if anyone has written up or seen write-ups for the "1963" characters, please let me know!

--Kap

Re: Alan Moore's "1963"

I loved that series. I have to admit the Fantastic Four stand-ins didn't impress me, but the Spider-Man homage, Fury, was note perfect and is waiting to be used in that game I am always threatening to run. Moore really got the whole tone of 60s Marvel books right in that series though. I'm sorry he never finished it.

I loved that series. I have to admit the Fantastic Four stand-ins didn't impress me' date=' but the Spider-Man homage, Fury, was note perfect and is waiting to be used in that game I am always threatening to run. Moore really got the whole tone of 60s Marvel books right in that series though. I'm sorry he never finished it.[/quote']

From everything I've read, you can blame Jim Lee for that. He was supposed to draw it and then committed to other things instead. Then time passed and the project fell apart with intra-Image bickering and bad blood.

If anyone wants to help, here's the list of characters:

Mystery Inc.:

Crystalman

Neon Queen

The Planet

Kid Dynamo

Johnny Beyond

The Fury

Tomorrow Syndicate:

U.S.A.: Ultimate Special Agent

The Unbelievable N-Man

Horus, Lord of Light

The Hypernaut

Infra-Man

Infra-Girl

It would also be pretty cool to include:

Sky Solo, Lady from L.A.S.E.R.

The Voidoid

That evil version of the Tomorrow Syndicate where they're Commies (I'd have to check for their names, all I remember right now is U.S.S.R.: Ultimate Soviet Super Rogue!)

The cockroach guy N-Man fought, I forget his name

A lot of these would call for speculation since they're not as fully fleshed out as the main heroes.

Anybody up for playing this as a game?

--KAP

Yeah, Comrade Cockroach sounds right!

We'd have to make up a lot of villains since not many were actually seen in the series.

Hypernaut could be tricky but there are some slick character builders on this forum so I bet someone could figure out how to do it. And you could sort of extrapolate what powers he'd "probably" have but we just never saw.

I was trying to do Crystalman but I'm not good at writing up characters that already exist.

I think this would be pretty fun to do, maybe if we only have a few players we could just use the Tomorrow Syndicate: Horus, U.S.A., N-Man, Hypernaut, and Infra-Man & Infra-Girl (probably 1 player would get both I-F and I-G since there's not exactly the strongest).

Anybody want to try to do this?