101 Plots Seeds

薔薇語

I kinda like the idea of fans putting together a free series of books' date=' like say a "100 X" series--100 heroes(for non-superhero games), 100 superheroes, 100 vehicles, 100 bases, 100 followers, 100 power sets, 100 adventure ideas, 100 options--Powers, 100 options--Skills, 100 options--Combat, 100 campaign setting ideas, etc. If you put out a bunch of these, then essentially you are creating a huge public database of free writeups, that new and existing players and GMs can reference and use in their games. The catch is you have to have 1) people willing to do it for free, and 2) enough people to sustain such a series over time.[/quote']

This Post got me thinking about if such a thing could actually be put together. Could we, as the HERO games community, put together 101 plot seeds to publish as a free resource to new HEROphiles? Needless to say, I think we can.

So, what would such a thing look like? Well, my best estimation at the start of it is a simple pdf file that breaks down into several sections, each one with a certain number of core plots. The core sets being: Champions, Dark Champions, Fantasy, SciFi, and Pulp. Each one given 20 entries that hopefully run the gamut of 4 color to Iron and from Campy to Horror. Enough variation to be useful to almost anyone. What each story should probably contain is a quick write up of all the relevant characters, and probably of the main cast (or at least PC build guidelines). If we are using this to help encourage new players, then perhaps full PC writeups akin to Gaming Cons would be best.

How about it? Sound like a good challenge to everyone?

What I'm thinking about right now is that we take Story ideas and post them, in full, here. I will then update the first thread with the title, author, and original post location. Once we get close to our goal, we can start looking into transferring all the works into a downloadable pdf file. It may also behoove us to think about how one can streemline the "combat and adventuring" sections into only a few pages so that that info (pending HERO's approval) can also be placed into the file for ease of reference. Maybe even get it linked to on the mainpage for HERO.

Also, I know many of use have already created many, many story ideas before. So, to help make our jobs easier, lets also go back and fish out some of those ideas for this.

La Rose.

As a side note, I think it would be a good idea to start on some other 101 ideas, too. But I'll probably leave that to others :)

Re: 101 Plots Seeds

That is very similar to this Thread:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/3046-from-little-plot-seeds-mighty-games-do-grow-Share-your-ideas

Excerpts of that one were even published on the Herogames page, under Resources -> free Stuff:

http://www.herogames.com/freeStuff.htm (use text search for Plot Seeds).

Do you plan on including that old thread?