Club Weapon: specific maneuver or general concept?

Derek Hiemforth

Question

Is the Club Weapon maneuver a specific maneuver of its own, that cannot be combined with others (like Haymaker and Strafe specifically mention they are), or is it more of a general concept? For example, could a character attacking with a sword via Move By, make that attack with the flat of the blade via Club Weapon? Or is Club Weapon its own thing that can't be combined with Move By? Thanks! :)

1 answer to this question

Re: Club Weapon: specific maneuver or general concept?

Generally speaking, Club Weapon should be considered a distinct Combat Maneuver. However, as always common sense, dramatic sense, and game balance should be considered. If it’s not going to upset the apple cart too much, the GM can certainly allow a “Move By Club Weapon” attack. After all, Move Through/By have some specific rules on performing them with weapons, which could easily be adapted to this sort of thing.

Personally I can think of plenty of campaigns where I'd allow this sort of thing -- some Martial Arts and Fantasy games, f'rex. OTOH, I can also think of some where I'd probably forbid it, or at least only allow it in restricted circumstances.