Variable Advantage and DC calculation

Christopher

Question

I wonder how Variable Advantage affects the adding of DC to an attack, but I can't figure out how to put it into a single question.

Asuming a character with:

30 STR

1d6 HKA, Variable Advantage (up to +1/2 worth of Advantages; +1)

In a campaign in wich Endurance Advantages don't count for DC Calculation, but things like Armor Piercing or Penetrating do.

Use 1:

1d6 HKA, VA set to "0 Endurance (+1/2)"; Adding 6 DC from STR

Use 2:

1d6 HKA, VA set to "Half Endurance (+1/4)" and "Armor Piercing (+1/4)"; Adding 6 DC from STR

Use 3:

1d6 HKA, VA set to "Penetrating (+1/2)"; Adding 6 DC from STR

Would that result in:

a) 9DC/3d6 for Use 1, 10 DC/2.5d6 for Use 2 and 10 DC/2d6+1 for Use 3

B) 10 DC/2d6+1 for all (just using the flat +1/2, the highest that is possible inside Variable Advantage)

c) 12 DC/2d6 for all (just using the +1 of the Varaible Advantage for the calculation).

1 answer to this question

Re: Variable Advantage and DC calculation

It’s Saturday night and I’m not going to run through a mess of numbers; I’m just going to give a basic answer and leave the rest up to you. ;) For purposes of determining the DCs in an attack with Variable Advantage (and thus the effects of adding damage to it in various ways, and so on), use the value of Variable Advantage itself, not the value of the Advantages it can change among. For example, if an attack has Variable Advantage (+½ Advantages; +1), you use the value of +1 to determine the DCs.