Essentials

Re: Essentials

You've already bought a hefty haul of merchandise, but one thing I would recommend for your players' benefit (that maybe they could chip in to buy communally?) is the basic Champions: The Super Roleplaying Game book. The Superhero Gallery in it would be a great aid for newbie players to use in determining exactly what sort of heroes they want to play and how to build them - it has various options for building characters of most of the major comics archetypes. Plus, there are a handful of example heroes and villains so they can get an idea of what the finished product might look like.

Re: Essentials

You've already bought a hefty haul of merchandise' date=' but one thing I would recommend for your players' benefit (that maybe they could chip in to buy communally?) is the basic [i']Champions: The Super Roleplaying Game[/i] book. The Superhero Gallery in it would be a great aid for newbie players to use in determining exactly what sort of heroes they want to play and how to build them - it has various options for building characters of most of the major comics archetypes. Plus, there are a handful of example heroes and villains so they can get an idea of what the finished product might look like.

I feel I'm going to have to resort to the pdf. I am notorious for expended financial resources on "must haves" but I'm having trouble locating one at any price.