+STR from Martial Arts and Advantaged STR

Christopher

Question

Let's asume a Speedsters has the +1 Tail Advantage for his 20 STR, to simulate the "run past a large number of foes and attack them at once" (bought on STR, to allow more than just damaging maneuvers).

Let's asume he also has "Martial Disarm" and enough Martial Arts DC to get a total of +40 STR for Disarm.

And he also has a "Martial Strike" that (with the Extra DC) does +8 DC.

Now he wants to combine his Tail Advantage on STR with his Martial Arts and Make a Tailing Martial Disarm (the same way he would make a tailing martial Strike).

Question:

When adding the STR from Martial Arts, would he have to take the advantage into account?

For example, when using his Martial Strike he would only recive 4 dice of Damage (because of the +1 Advantage). But would he also only receive +20 STR for Disarm?

1 answer to this question

Re: +STR from Martial Arts and Advantaged STR

The rules for adding damage, as written, only apply to that: adding damage. That being the case, technically sources that add effectiveness to attacks in ways that don’t involve damage wouldn’t be reduced because of Advantages. However, if the GM wants to maintain consistency, you could read “Adding Damage” as simply the most common way of saying “Increasing The Effect Of An Attack.” In that case the same rules would apply when sources such as STR are used to increase the effectiveness of an attack that doesn’t involve doing damage. That’s certainly what I’d do in my games, and I suspect most GMs would agree.