Mind Controll - Many small instead of one big effect

Christopher

Question

Let's asume 3 Mentalist want to work togehter with Mind Controll, using the following tactic:

Mentalist 1 uses Mind Controll and says "Your ally is behaving Strangely", wich is a EGO+10 result.

If he succeds Mentalist 2 uses Mind Controll and says "Your strangely beahving ally is a doppelganger". Normally it would be an EGO+20, but with the previous one it would become only an EGO+10.

Then Mentalist 3 says "You should attack the doppelganger". Attacking an ally would be a EGO+30, but with the previous two it would only be an EGO+10 again.

Is that reaseoning/combination okay, or should the calculation of the needed EGO+X always be from an "unmodified" status?

If it is allowed:

Could a single Character do this, using Mind Controll multiple times on the same target?

1 answer to this question

Re: Mind Controll - Many small instead of one big effect

If the GM wants to allow that (which I can see in some situations, particularly when all three mentalists have differing SPDs and/or aren't in the same location), I'm not going to tell him no. However, the more rules-accurate way to do this is use the rules for complementary Mental Powers (6E1 152) and go for the highest total (in this case, EGO +30).

Personally I'd be much more reluctant to allow a single mentalist to "piggyback" his commands this way, but differing GMs conceive of psychic powers different ways and can allow whatever they want. ;)