re: A Valid VPP (Limitation on Control Cost)

Hyper-Man

Question

Hi Steve,

Here is a little more context to the previous related question.

Is this a legal VPP-Only Limitation and 6e build?

33 The Utility Belt: Variable Power Pool (Gadget Pool), 15 base + 30 control cost, No Skill Roll Required (+1), Powers Can Be Changed As A Zero-Phase Action (+1) (60 Active Points); Limited Class of Powers (Gadgets) Operates As A Multipower Of ~ Dozen Different Slots (Specific Slots Can Be Replaced At Base; -1/2); all slots OIF (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2)

[Notes: This is just a small sampling of what is typically carried.]

0 1) Boomerangs: Blast 6d6 (30 Active Points); 2 clips of 6 Recoverable Charges (-0) Real Cost: 15 - END=[6 rc]

0 2) Energy Knuckles: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/4) Real Cost: 13 - END=0

0 3) Flash Pellets: Sight Group Flash 4d6, Area Of Effect (32m Radius Explosion; +1/2) (30 Active Points); 16 Charges (-0) Real Cost: 15 - END=[16]

0 4) Swing lines: Swinging 30m (15 Active Points); 2 clips of 6 Recoverable Charges (-0) Real Cost: 7 - END=[6 rc]

0 5) Bolas: Entangle 2d6, 4 PD/4 ED (30 Active Points); 2 clips of 6 Recoverable Charges (-0) Real Cost: 15 - END=[6 rc]

Thanks,

HM

1 answer to this question

Re: A Valid VPP (Limitation on Control Cost)

My answer to the previous question applies. I definitely appreciate the context (a fleshed-out example is always helpful for potentially complex questions), but the example doesn't change my previous answer.

Again, I can think of situations where I might allow this... but personally I'd say it's unlikely. I'd require the character to just buy his Utility Belt as a Multipower (or if he prefers, as a VPP with the lots bought the usual way for a VPP).