Professor Paradigm = Carl Sargent?

Epiphanis

I just thought I would throw this out there... does anybody notice the parallels in the origin story of Professor Paradigm (6Ed Villains Vol. 1) with the real-life story of Carl Sargent? Paradigm was a Ph.D. researcher who was discredited by jealous colleagues, took up designing roleplaying games, had an epiphany and completely vanished for over a decade. Which pretty much also describes Carl Sargent. Okay, Paradigm was a mathematician and Sargent a psychologist. And Sargent hasn't reappeared as a supervillain... yet. But given his groundbreaking research into parapsychology and particularly telepathy, its less of a stretch in his case than one might suppose.

Re: Professor Paradigm = Carl Sargent?

I just thought I would throw this out there... does anybody notice the parallels in the origin story of Professor Paradigm (6Ed Villains Vol. 1) with the real-life story of Carl Sargent? Paradigm was a Ph.D. researcher who was discredited by jealous colleagues' date=' took up designing roleplaying games, had an epiphany and completely vanished for over a decade. Which pretty much also describes Carl Sargent. Okay, Paradigm was a mathematician and Sargent a psychologist. And Sargent hasn't reappeared as a supervillain... yet. But given his groundbreaking research into parapsychology and particularly telepathy, its less of a stretch in his case than one might suppose.[/quote']

All Supers are to one degree or the other influenced by Real life or Mythological Characters.

Every Brick is based of Superman, wich is based of Hercules.

All Speedsters are based on Hermes.

If the author of a work of fiction is particulary interested in one field, he will often use names from that field.

For example Tite Kubo the author of Bleach used, when he needed a lot of names, the Names of architects and desingers because he knew a lot about those two:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hollows_in_Bleach#Arrancar

3. Paragraph, last Sentence