questoin about the Armor Power...

Bloodstone

:confused:

I have a character that has a base PD and ED of 6. I want to add 15 points of harded, resistant defense so I bought the armor power. Then I decided to make the base 6 of PD and ED hardened and resistant using damage resistance power. This would give me a total hardened PD/ED of 21.

If I buy Hardened Armor 15/15 it costs me 56 points. Buying my base PD/ED of 6, with the hardened advantage, costs me an additonal 7 points.

Total cost: 63 points.

However, if I instead buy my base PD and ED values up to 21 each it only costs me 30 points. Then buying Damage Resistance with the hardened advantage I can get all of that converted into Hardened, Resistant defense for 26 more points.

Total cost: 56 points.

Savings by doing the second way: 7 points

Seems the second way of doing things is cheeper and just as good in overall effect.

So am I missing something? Is there some benefit to taking hardened armor vs buying increased levles of PD/ED with hardened damage resistance?

Re: questoin about the Armor Power...

Originally posted by Bloodstone

[bSo am I missing something? Is there some benefit to taking hardened armor vs buying increased levles of PD/ED with hardened damage resistance? [/b]

What you are missing is the fact that you are buying Hardened Damage Resistance, but not Hardened Defenses. You need to purchase Hardened on both the PD/ED and the Damage Resistance, not just the Damage Resistance. Otherwise the Hardened Damage Resistance will stop an AP killing attack, but will not stop an AP punch.

wow, quick responses...

ok, so I have to buy Damage Resistance with the Hardened Advantage and Hardened PD/ED?

OK, one problem: I can obviously figure out how to buy Hardened Damage Resistance, but how do you do buy hardened PD/ED, bearing in mind I'm a noob that is using Hero Designer v1.47 (which is so far quite cool...)

Originally posted by Bloodstone

never mind...I believe I figured it out...it's under the characteristics tab in the powers section.

thanks for the help

Off the top of my head (dont have HD handy), add 0 PD and 0 ED as Powers, add the Hardened Advantage to each, and check the "Apply Modifiers to Characteristic" box.

That will do the trick to make PD and ED Hardened.