How damaged is damaged?

Guest Kolava

I'm considering buying some "damaged" books from the online store, and would like the feedback of others who have done the same.

Is "damaged" just a disclaimer to keep you from complaining if a corner is creased? Or does it mean I will be getting a soggy book with bite marks in it?

Do you think it is worth the 5 or so dollars discount?

I have two of the books they call damaged because they were ordered for me.

They both arived in better condition than most books are after having read them through once. So yes it is typicly small things like folded pages or creases. I have never seen a book come out of the "Online Store" that was garbage so to speek.

So in short if you plan on displaying the book and staring at it don't buy it, If you plan on reading the book like an average custamer then jump on the deal.

I would concur -- I've bought two "damaged" books now, Star Hero and Fantasy Hero, and both arrived looking as though they'd been flipped through once or twice and dropped once (both have a *slightly* bent corner).

The opportunity to buy these high-quality seconds at a discount is a real boon for me, because my money supply is pretty tight these days (having gone back to school after a 20-year break).

In short: I'd recommend them. Even if you buy perfect, pristine copies, they'll look like this after you've had them for a couple of days anyway.