Limitations that don't make sense

quozaxx

Re: Limitations that don't make sense

Also remember Limitations just like Complications are not weapons to bludgeon the players with. Use the guidelines and include them in a way that makes story sense.

This is why using the above Punishment Accountant kind of way of viewing limitations are wrong. If we were playing Fantasy Hero would you feel obliged to take the fighters sword away every other adventure? A sword IS an OAF item. It also has "Real Weapon" do you make sure that the PC is keeping the weapon clean and sharpened in their downtime? That's a -1/4 limitation you aren't enforcing.

That makes a lot of sense. The more time I spend on the boards reading posts the more I think that either I was a really bad GM back then, or I had a really contentious group of players. Hard to say now. Looking back it just seemed like one of those things that was always a problem for me. (And for the record OAF is one I have always struggled with. Disarming someone just makes so much sense that anybody with any tactical sense should be at least considering it in my mind. When I build a character with OAF personally I am well aware of the fact that I stand to loose it frequently and make sure I have options to avoid the "rookie" mistake like mentioned earlier. I really need to work on playing my villains with more dramatic sense and less common sense I guess.)

Re: Limitations that don't make sense

See, now you have gone and done it. Given me an idea for a couple of villains. Two demonic little boys whose favorite game is to play "Keep Away" with a random PC's OAF weapon/gear....... If I ever get any players again and they complain I am blaming you Greywind!