One Page Dungeon 2013: InterStellar Industries Modular Starport

AlHazred

So, it's that time of year again, for submissions to the One Page Dungeon contest. Entries can be submitted until the end of April.

What's that? You have no idea what I'm talking about? Well, get the hence to here: CampaignWiki.org: One Page Dungeon Contest 2013

The One Page Dungeon Contest is a bit where people contribute one page scenarios of their choice. Most of fantasy, but there are a fair number of sci-fi, western, and other genres represented. Since I realized there was a dearth of sci-fi, that's what I've been submitting.

This year, I'm thinking of submitting my Starport Tiles, developed in my Traveller Hero home game. I could probably whip up a "catalog sheet" for them, with each listing the contents. The tiles are about two inches to the side, and came in response to my players flitting from one starport to the next, willy-nilly, with no care for the amount of effort it takes the overworked GM to plot and map. Now, I can just semi-randomly shift tiles around and make one as large or as small as I like. Once I have something decent, I'll post it here for commentary, but I thought I'd start up a thread to remind people to get started on their entries. Or, if they prefer to consume, there are hundreds of free one-pagers available on the site, some of them of fantastically-professional quality or with excellent ideas embedded.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after discussion with my home game group, it looks like I'm going to back-burner this one and submit a different one-page dungeon. As said before, there's no actual "dungeon" here - it's a setting in search of a scenario. I thought about coming up with a "design challenge" -- "build a starport under 1 million credits within 30 days" or something, but it's not going to be great.

Anyway, I still plan to finish this as time permits, and make my Visio stencils available so people can make their own starports. Here's what I ended up with to this point.

Edit: Hmmm... the file didn't attach. Let me try something else, then: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1gbLqXS723cb1FncGR1SFlhV3M/edit?usp=sharing