What Would You Liek to see in Hero 6

JmOz

Okay, I have no say in the company and this is as far from official as you can get, but I am curious, what rules would you change given the chance?

I'll list a few:

Darkness as a power is gone (Change Enviroment is now the way you do those smoke bombs, etc...)

Duplication and Summoning are combined into one power (Called Summon). As a +1 you can control your summoned creature, as a -1 it can have the exact same stats as you have

I would also like to see CE be able to be used for positive effects, then when you have two CE being used against each other it makes sense, and would be easier to handle:

For Example two Weather Manipulators, Thor and Storm:

Thor Wants the Avengers Picnic to go nice so he calls on a nice sunny day. Storm in an Angst filled moment decides a thunderstorm is better.

A contest of wills begins, with Thor using his much larger control over the weather to over power the Mutant Weather Witch. But there are still clouds overhead, as he is not able to overcome all of her power

Figured Characterisics are gone. You just purchase each Characteristic up from the base amount. The costs of DEX becomes 2 points and the cost for CON becomes 1 point.

Absorption cost is increased but it gives some degree protection as well.

Damage Reduction is granted a 100% option.

Force Wall goes back to adding height and length based on Active Points.

Healing is adjusted so that it is not limited to only the amount rolled.

Damage Shield is changed to a +1/2 or +1 Advantage based upon what type of power it is put on.

MegaScale is scaled in x10 increments, not starting at 1 km.

Charges are redefined to have the same rules no matter how they are used.

Independent is decreased to a -1 Limitation and then given more examples of use.

Elemental Controls make allowances for powers which cost no END to be includes, as long as it is within the SFX threshold.

NCM erased entirely and the Characteristic scale stretched to cover a wider range of possibilities than 11-20 for all genres.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Unless this relates only to Champions, this should probably be in the HERO Systems forum. If you look there, you will see a couple threads recently on this, the most recent (and still active) one is called something about "The Big Argument" and focuses on those issues in v5 that are likely sources of change for v6. You'll see a lot of interesting issues in there. Also, something like a month ago or less I started a thread asking what house rules people thought should be graduated to official system rules, that also has some interesting suggestions.

I don't mean to rain on this thread, I just thought if you were really interested you should know to check those threads out, and also be forewarned you may get fewer responses here as people are spending some energy onthe "Big Argument" thread (which btw itself has not really degenerated too much in its own arguments).