Kinda-Sorta Indirect

Here's the power I'm trying to construct ... it's more than a little cheesy in appearance, but bear with me. :)

The villain in question was a high-school soccer player who lost the use of his legs, and has had them replaced with cybernetics by the Master Villain of the arc. In addition to some pseudo-speedster powers, he has an energy ball kick (like I said, cheesy). He creates the energy ball with a wrist device, then he kicks it.

I want to make the attack Indirect, as a kind of super-Bouncing of the attack (more reliable and easier than just using the Bouncing move) ... but I'm not sure what level of Indirect I need. The attack always, obviously, originates from the villain, but can come from any direction thereafter as it ricochets off objects.

I'd probably give it +1/2, same value as "can origniate anywhere, but still can only be aimed at or fired away from the villain." In this case, that would be turned around, to "originates from the villain but can approach the target from any direction." Thus, the attack could still be stopped by some effects that target the person firing it... a large enough Force Wall, for example. It's not quite good enough to warrant the +3/4 "can originate anywhere/fire any direction."

I'm puzzled. If the attack needs to richochet off of objects in order to use its indirect aspects, why not simply use the bounce maneuver? Buy 5 or so levels only for bouncing, and the problem should be solved. :)

If the attack doesn't need an object to richochet off of, then indirect is the way to go.

Originally posted by Gary

I'm puzzled. If the attack needs to richochet off of objects in order to use its indirect aspects, why not simply use the bounce maneuver? Buy 5 or so levels only for bouncing, and the problem should be solved. :)

If the attack doesn't need an object to richochet off of, then indirect is the way to go.

I would go that route myself. :)