I'm haveing a real big problem with this...

melessqr

Originally posted by Zaratustra

Also, the stat bonuses Growth gives don't always fit the character's 'Powers From Being Tall' list. Is Galactor, The Eater Of Worlds With A Side Order of Moon, with his 4 kilometers of height, exactly like a normal human except with a 165 STR, 33 BODY and 33 STUN bonus? No, he'll get extra PD, ED, PRE, INT if he wants to use his brain the size of a planet, Area Effect on his STR and so on.

Excellent point, along with the post re: flexibility on the previous page. No, Galactor isn't in my campaign, but aliens ranging from 3 cm to 1 km in size are in it, and the "alien size" package deals in Star Hero were most helpful. However, additional mods were needed for each races' gravity adapations, aquatic environs, extra/longer/shorter/lack of limbs, etc. Growth and/or shrinking, Always On, would not have made this any easier, as none of them are even remotely "humanoid". (No 'rubber suit' aliens allowed in this campaign.)

thanx heaps,

DGv3.0

Originally posted by tesuji

[b Even if the decision was not made to better sell that bestiary, it sure smelled like it was. [/b]

If we were talking about a couple of other companies, or even HERO back when it was part of Iron Crown, I'd agree with you. However, the rate at which DoJ is producing material indicates that the crew is simply too busy writing manuscripts and burning out calculators to come up with "must buy" features in supplemental books.

Indeed, the HERO line has been happily light in the type of semi-official-but-practically-required material that fills the lines of other games on the market. Like Clanbooks? or Class/Race based Splatbooks?

All of the material I've seen in the supplements thus far are constructed from material present in the core rulebook. Which is a big indicator of how "not money stealing" Long, Watts, and company are.

Originally posted by SuperPheemy

If we were talking about a couple of other companies, or even HERO back when it was part of Iron Crown, I'd agree with you. However, the rate at which DoJ is producing material indicates that the crew is simply too busy writing manuscripts and burning out calculators to come up with "must buy" features in supplemental books.

Indeed, the HERO line has been happily light in the type of semi-official-but-practically-required material that fills the lines of other games on the market. Like Clanbooks? or Class/Race based Splatbooks?

All of the material I've seen in the supplements thus far are constructed from material present in the core rulebook. Which is a big indicator of how "not money stealing" Long, Watts, and company are.

I have complaints with Damage Shield, Instant Change, Aid, Regeneration, and some of Long's Meta-Rules but I have not complained about any marketing tricks. It's a little annoying to have to hunt through 2-4 books but I don't believe there is any deviousness behind this.