Handcuffs as a power

ACormello

I'm trying to build handcuffs as a power- I'm trying to find a means to build it that doesn't result in a ludicrous Active Points cost. The closest I've come so far is: OAF(-1) No Range(-1/4) Entangle 3d6 6PD/6ED (45cp) Does Not Restrict Movement (-1/4), 1/2 DCV (-1/4) 2 recoverable charges(-1) Active Points 45 Total Cost: 12. Trouble is, 6pd/ed seems low to me, but 3d6 entangle seems high (The metal isn't that thick so 10 body seems ridiculous, but not many people can damage the hardened steel of a pair of cuffs so its low body wouldn't matter except to a super), and the idea of a 100 cp policeman carrying around a handcuff whose active points are almost double that of a 9mm pistol (More complicated and more exacting work required to be functional) really bothers me. Has anybody come up with a better solution? Is there something hiding in a sourcebook I don't have?

Handcuffs are on 6E1 219, page 211 of the 6e Hero System Equipment Guide, page 125 of the 5e Hero System Equipment Guide, and page 261 of 5e Dark Champions.

The 6e version is 67 Active Points and 10 Real Points.

Entangle 3d6, 6 PD/6 ED (standard effect: 3 BODY, 6 PD/6 ED), Takes No Damage From Attacks (+1/2) (67 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), OAF (-1), Set Effect (Hands Only) (-1), Does Not Prevent The Use Of Accessible Foci (-1), No Range (-1/2), Must Follow Grab Or Target Must Be Willing (-1/2), Can be Escaped Automatically With Modified Lockpicking Or Contortionist Roll (-1/2)

EDIT: You mentioned the Entangle having 10 BODY.  Entangle dice count BODY like a Normal Attack.  1 = 0 BODY, 2-5 = 1 BODY, 6 = 2 BODY.