Vortex

JmOz

This is an idea a player came to me with, he wanted me to flesh out the character sheet.  Honestly I do not know what his background or personality is yet.  I know his background included a science origin, whether or not it was a lab accident or purposeful experiment is unknown.  The player was not even sure of the characters name yet.

Anyways please review

[sharemedia=core:attachments:1020]

Major things that stand out as odd so far -

10 base STR on a character with Martial Arts

Non-Peristent Limitation on Resistant Defenses.  I'm not sure off the top of my head how that's supposed to work but I think it means the power ends at then end of any Phase it is activated.  That's a lot of points to invest on an ability that is circumvented by a delayed Phase Attack.

Non-Peristent Limitation on Resistant Defenses.  I'm not sure off the top of my head how that's supposed to work but I think it means the power ends at then end of any Phase it is activated.  That's a lot of points to invest on an ability that is circumvented by a delayed Phase Attack.

A nonpersistent power is turned off when you are stunned or knocked out.  But otherwise keeps working.  Turning it on again requires a 0 phase action.  As the power doesn't cost END, he can keep it up all the time, so just has to worry about turning it on again if KO'd or stunned.

-----------------

My first impressions:

The costing on your entangle seems off:

A 5 rPD 3 rED 3d6 body entangle would have a base cost of 35 points, with a +1 advantage, that would be 70 active points.  Assuming you are allowing +1 rPD for 2.5 points, I guess it's OK.  But what is the 'reasonably common circumstance' that breaks the entangle, which is something you need to have for that +1 adder.  Also, that's a75 point attack power, what's the limit for your campaign, since it's much bigger than your DC 7 punches.

How do you find out about crime to fight? 

You don't seem to have a radio or contacts.  And a GM that makes you pay for your native language and everyman skills will probably not just let you buy a police scanner.

HRRP with OIF (-1/2) and affected as sight and hearing group (-1/2) is 6 points

How do you get to the scene of the crime?

Your fastest non-combat movement is your 12 x 2 NCM running.  You have enough REC to use your full 4 speed, so you can run at 28.8 km/h.  But not really a great option for getting across the city.

Your cheapest fast travel option may be adding megascale leaping to your multipower.  Or even just adding megascale to your running: megascale 1m=1km for up to 12m of running would be 12 active points, and fit into your multipower.

Since your main opponents will be more normal, what will you do when several goons down the street (~30 meters away) start shooting at you?

We'll say they are SPD 3, PD 4, wearing bullet resistant vests (4 rPD) and are using assault rifles (2d6 RKA).  With your 20/12 PD you are pretty reistant to gunfire, but it'll take you around 3 full move actions to get to them, so they'll have plenty of time to try to get a lucky roll.

Buying +24m of leaping (12 active points) or +12m of running (12 active points) as a multi-power slot would offer more tactical mobility. 

One possible alternate build would be to have another 10 point multi-power that contains your clinging, and you can put some improved mobiliy options in there, so you can still hit hard when you get there.

Non persistent means it is a 0 end Force Field (Your thinking of Instant).  He is actually Strength 20-25, The Strength bonus from His MP is not being added in.  I need to talk to the player, as he gave me a 200 point character and asked me to complete it, but I just noticed he gave a MOCV of 5, with no Mental Powers...

Having had some time to work on it, how's this look:

Gravity Control            Unified power (-1/4)                          5040
Gravity Snare              4 rPD 2 rED 2d6 body entangle,                50 4f
                            only STR to escape (+1)
Strength                   +30 STR                                       30 2f
Defense                    +5 PD +5 ED                                   10 1f
Knockback resistance       10m knockback resistance                      10 1f
personal gravity field     STR clinging                                  10 1f
Leaping                    +30m leaping, accurate                        20 3v
Mega leaps                 +6m leaping, accurate,                        18 1f
                             megascale (1m=1km) (+1)
Gravity Defying leaping    +16m leaping, accurate,                       20 3v
                             no gravity penalty (+1/2)

HRRP                       OIF (-1/2),                                   12 6
                            effected as sight and hearing groups (-1/2)

Multipower allocations:
                            Gravity snare alone

+30 str  and two of the following:
                             +5 PD, +5ED
                             10m knockback resistance
                             Clinging
                             accurate 14m leaps
                             accurate 10m vertical leaps

+30 str and one of the following:
                             accurate 34m leaps
                             accurate 20m vertical leaps
                             accurate 10km leaps

For 62 points, (2 points less than your build) you get a toned down gravity snare (50 active points) usable at range, a much heaver punch, can simulate density increase with +defense and KB resistance, and have much better tactical and strategic mobility.

Plus you get a radio.

0 End makes more sense.

I get that he can have a 25 STR with Powers but Martial Arts seems like something a character would want to learn without using them.  Also, considering that he has the Unified Limitation on his Powers it would make sense that he would do some physical training to get up to a 15 STR so he could still be somewhat effective without them.

Which would be a good place to put the wasted points he has in MOCV, then a 1 point Weapon element with his entangle so he can use it with the MP (A combined attack using the MA values).  Sounds like a good idea,  I also noticed that he could get a slightly higher hobby skill by taking scholar.