Girl Fight, the Rematch!

phydaux

Ok, there was some confusion during my last Girl Fight poll. Also, some of the contenders really shouldn't have been on the list. Plus, I really did go low brow with the humor and disrespect the genera with the whole "Foxy Boxing" bit.

So here are the new brackets. The idea is each hero/villain has to fight with no weapons and no gadgets. They do, however, have full knowledge of their opponents' fighting style, and any other information the characters might have due to their various character backgrounds. This is to be a "fair fight." Assume the combat will be held in some type of ring, with Wonder Woman as the referee and judge.

Once the "Non-Superpowered Female Fighting Champion" from each comics universe has been crowned, the two winners will face off, with full access to their weapons, gadgets and other "bags o' tricks". This fight will be "no holds barred" and will take place on a random rooftop with no referee.

MARVEL

Black Widow faces the winner of

Callisto vs. Silver Sable

Mocking Bird vs. Hellcat, winner to face the winner of

Electra vs. The Black Cat

DC

Batgirl (classic Babs) faces the winner of

Black Canary vs. Harley Quinn

Cheshire vs. Poison Ivy, winner to face the winner of

Talia vs. Catwoman

Unfortunatly, since there are fourteen fighters and a poll can only have 10 line items, this will have to be a virtual poll. :mad:

Please reply with who you think the winners from the two universes will be, and who will take the over all.

Silver Sable would hand Callisto her behind. Years and years of training in a wide variety of martial arts styles against low-level mutation and street-fighting skills equals not much of a contest.

In a “no holds barred†fight, I’d give Mockingbird (with her SHIELD training) the nod over Hellcat, but I haven’t seen either of them fight in years and Bobbi is a little reliant on her staves to reach peak effectiveness. For reasons given below, I don’t think it matters.

Elektra would beat The Black Cat. Again, she is more ruthless in a real fight.

Black Canary against Harley Quinn wouldn’t be much of a fight without gimmicks. I think Dinah would beat Harley fairly easily.

Cheshire would take Poison Ivy (without powers) in about ten seconds and eight of those would be checking that no one was waiting in the shadows.

Talia against Catwoman is really tough to call. Again for the “no holds barred†reason, I think it would go to Talia. Catwoman’s portrayal has been a little uneven over the years, but I think Talia would be guaranteed to be ruthless. I had a look at the DCU Gotham City sourcebook and they are almost identical in combat skills without weaponry, but Talia has a very slight edge. So combined with her attitude, I give this one to Talia.

Silver Sable against Black Widow is incredibly difficult to decide. This is good enough to be the semi-final. As has already been noted these two have previously fought to a deadlock. As we must have a winner, I’ll go for the Black Widow. This is based on the fact that, unless they are really trying to promote a new character, long-established ones tend to have the edge in fights.

Elektra would beat Mockingbird for certain if no weapons are allowed in the round and almost certainly would with weapons. Elektra would also beat Hellcat, hence why I said it didn't matter if Mockingbird lost the first match.

I think Black Canary would take Batgirl if the no gadgets rule applies.

Cheshire against Talia would be interesting, but I think Cheshire would win. I am a little hampered by not knowing huge amounts about these ladies. Talia is a very good martial artist, but I don’t think she is at Cheshire’s level..

The semi-final at Marvel is Black Widow against Elektra. Very tough match again. I’ll go for Elektra, but seriously Black Widow, Elektra or Silver Sable could easily be the Marvel winner. It’s just too close to call for certain, IMHO. I think ruthlessness will play a part again, hence I give the win to Elektra.

Black Canary against Cheshire would be interesting. It could go either way, but (partially to make the final more interesting), I’ll give it to Cheshire. Dinah could quite possibly win.

OK, by now I’ve offended almost everyone, but the final is Elektra against Cheshire, with weapons. I’ve set this up so we have two characters with real martial skills and a minimum of fancy weaponry and also one hero and one villain, just to make it interesting. I haven’t deliberately ignored one character’s superiority in previous rounds, but when given the choice between two characters who are pretty evenly-matched, I have gone for a winner who would make the next round more interesting. For example, if I let Black Canary beat Cheshire, we have two heroes fighting and also one “Canary Cry†and the final might all be over.

Cheshire’s been known to use guns, but I think Elektra could dodge the bullets until she got in range (this would be a comic fight, of course). I’ll give this fight to Elektra, unless she gets scratched by Cheshire’s poisoned fingernails.