Another Limitation query

Pteryx

Here's a complicated one for you... how much is "Only During Segment 12" worth as a Limitation? I'm thinking of giving two "additional" dice of Aid this Limitation in order to cancel out the Post-Segment 12 fading (I want it to fade quickly, just not while it's still building up). -- Pteryx

Somewhere in the neighborhood of "Extra Turn" since it can only be used once per Turn. Perhaps halving that value? Not sure...

You could use the normal power advantage to drop the fade rate, and then apply a "Points fade at normal rate after first interval" to the power also.

Or perhaps the limitation would be, "points fade immediately after combat ends for x minutes"

You could even build an Aid modelled on the Regeneration construct, and have it apply each turn. Link it to the actual power being USED in the turn. But that's the complicated idea.

Segment 12

At first this sounded like a 'fade rate' adjustment.

Buy up the fade rate; Your power won't 'go away' too quickly [maybe 5 pts/ minute]

At that point you can build it up in combat, then it would be gone by next combat.(which will be along time away)

How about Succor? Page 89 FRED.

Combined with the Charges limitation. You use it as long as the charge last, then POOF. Make the charge last 1 minute

it will work at the level you want then POOF (as above)

Then just use the next charge, in the next combat.

Or even have one AID with charges 'feed' a second Aid.

The first will give a great boost to maintaining the power

of the second, until the first fades away. But the 2nd will be very powerful by then but will diminsh rapidly.

It's not really a fade rate adjustment...

Basically, what I'm making here is a "charge meter". The theoretical character (yes, I'm making power builds just for their own sake) would have an END Reserve with no REC which would by default be empty. The only way the character can fill it is by using up turns on a small Aid END (Self Only, END Reserve Only) which has its maximum effect bought up to the size of the Reserve. If he's not charging, any accumulated charge would fade at the standard rate.

The trouble comes in charging through a change in turns. If he didn't charge in Segment 12, he should lose the 5 CPs/10 Reserve END of effect -- but if he did, the fading shouldn't happen yet. If it did happen, that would force the player to time things in ways I really wouldn't want to force them to. Hence two extra dice, standard effect handwaved one point lower, Only During Segment 12. -- Pteryx