Easier to hit in phase 12?

mhd

It seems you have completely - and utterly - missed the actual question posed.

The question is in regards to a Combat Guide that posits If X - Then Y scenarios.

The scenario in question is "If you are having trouble hitting your opponent" an answer offered is "Then wait for Phase 12 and They have taken their Action already"

The reason being: Everyone goes on Phase 12, so the advice works for any and all speeds differences (see explanation Post 2); They can no longer Abort To Dodge/Block or Other Defensive Maneuvers; This advice has no other parameters.

No other conditions are presumed. Damage levels are not presumed. Defense levels are not presumed. It is merely advice for creating the Ideal Conditions To Prevent An Opponent From Aborting Defensively. And works for Any Combat Turn. Stop bringing up "the start of combat"

the Advice does also work if you Hold until your Opponents has already gone and can't abort, and then go, as well - however against a Higher Speed opponent that may not work as well as you think. Which is advice very similar to Wait For Phase 12, and everyone always goes on Phase 12.

To be pedantic, it isn't phase 12, it is your phase on segment 12.

Not missed the question at all, questioning the advice.  The point is if you take a phase on the same segment as someone who has already taken their phase that segment then they can not abort.  I get that.  I get why segment 12 gets mentioned in dispatches as everyone acts then, but the point I'm making is there is nothing special about segment 12 per se: any segment where your opponent has acted and you have a phase in hand works to avoid aborts.  The point I'm making is that start of combat segment 12 is not a good time to hit someone unless (see earlier posts).

This should not really crop up in a game though, unless the GM is making a point, and if he is, the point is probably "use teamwork".