Absorption vs Stunned/KOd

Christougher

Question

The rules state that Absorption to Stun adds back after the damage is taken; if the damage taken is enough to Stun or KO, what happens?  This is what I understand and believe:

1) A Stunned character remains Stunned, even if the added Stun exceeds their CON.  Any non-Persistent powers drop unless the character can recover from being Stunned that phase(per 6E2 105).

2) A KO'd character returns to being conscious, if the added Stun results in a positive Stun total.  Any non-Persistent powers stay active because they drop at the end of the Segment, but the character is no longer KO'd at that time.

3) A character both Stunned and KO'd returns to being conscious and is NOT stunned(per 6E2 106 KO'd need not recover from Stunned), if the added Stun results in a positive Stun total.  Any non-Persistent powers stay active because they drop at the end of the Segment, but the character is no longer KO'd at that time.

Followup:

In 1) above, if the character's Absorption also increases CON, would the character still be Stunned if the new CON total was higher than the amount of Stun damage taken, either before or after the Absorption added to Stun? Example: I have 20 CON and take 21 Stun.  I Absorb 6 points to CON giving CON 23, and 6 points to Stun giving Stun - 21 + 6 taken of 15.

Chris.

1 answer to this question

As noted on 6E1 166, if a character has Absorption that applies to STUN, it only acts to increase his STUN after he suffers the damage from the attack he’s Absorbing from.

If that attack Stuns him, the additional STUN from Absorption does not counteract this effect. He still has to recover from being Stunned as normal.

If that attack Knocks him Out, and the added STUN from Absorption restores him to positive STUN, he has returned to consciousness and is not considered Stunned. However, as usual for a character who’s awakened from being Knocked Out, his END equals his current STUN total (see 6E2 106, which specifically mentions Aid/Healing in this regard, thus providing a guideline to work from).

I believe the rule re: CON from Absorption and Stunning in the middle of the right-hand column on 6E1 166 answers your follow-up; if I’ve missed something please post a separate follow-up. :)