Disads for NPCs

Kristopher

When you create NPCs, villains in particular, what is your general rule for assigning Disads. Do you insist on giving them a full set of Disads as if they were a PC of about the same power level, or do you worry more about just getting close and making sure they have some personality and maybe a weakness for the heroes to discover?

More the latter than the former, and sometimes I let the players help me... not that they know it. If one player theorizes in character that perhaps a crystaline villain might be damaged by vibratory effects.... if I think that's a good idea, I rip it off and use it... the player then thinks he figured it out , and I saved myself some effort ;)

Less work.

Unless I'm creating a major recurring villain, I'm just going to sketch out minimal stats for them. That includes sketchy disadvantages.

I don't need to know all their vulnerabilities. But I do no if they're vulnerable to anything my group regularly uses.

I don't need to know all their hunteds. I just need to know the ones that will show up in this adventure.

I will have a good idea about their PsychLims. Those are the most likely to show up during the course of the adventure.

---------------------------------

I stopped creating full write-ups for opponents back when I was working way too many hours. I just didn't have the time to invest in the details.

That's when I discovered that it didn't really affect the quality of the game much.

I'd rather spend the time making Joe Normal into an interesting source of information than figuring out how to set up every point for a Metahuman who is only going to show up for one adventure.