Why use Two-Weapons?

simplygnome

Question

Im confused as to the use of two weapon fighting, as the skill or as a special effect of sweep. Fighting with multiple weapons requires you to off-set your off-hand penalty vie Two-Weapon Fighting (10pts) or the AmbiDexterity skill (9 pts), but is otherwise identical to Sweep, or Rapid Fire

Couldn't I just use Sweep to hit multiple attackers with a single weapon, instead of using two? I could just buy Negative Skill Penalties, or just more OCV. If character with a long sword can sweep attack 4 times at a -6 and my character using TWO long swords can attack 4 times at a -6 (or -4 if I was using TWF for a 10 character point charge), why should I bother with that second weapon?

Now, my 1940's superhero, ShadowShot, gets benefit for using his double uzi's, simply because he spends less ammo from a single gun. Other than that, why should he use two, if he can just Rapid Fire multiple times with one...and just buy off his negatives or increase his OCV through skills?

Not only do my characters get an extra hand to use, they spend less point by just Rapid Fire/Sweeping multiple times. I appologize if I've misread the rules, and thanks for your time..!!!:confused:

1 answer to this question