Vulnerability Questions

Tech

Question

I've been thinking on the Complication "Vulnerability". I'm a veteran player since 1st edition yet, have yet to see a definitive answer on my question:

If you have 2x Stun and Body from Blasters, as well as 2x Stun and Body from Killing Attacks, what damage happens if hit by a Blaster Killing attack?

Lord Liaden mentioned in the Hero System Discussion thread: "FWIW I could find no official ruling for this specific circumstance in the rule books or any version of the FAQ. Perhaps someone else would do better."

My thought is: If a character has two Complications going off (whether a Suscept,, Vulnerability, Psych Limit, etc) and you're getting points for them, you should reap them.

There are various views on this but I wanted to hear your thoughts on this.

1 answer to this question

You’re not the only one who’s thought about that issue — you can find the official answer as it pertains to two interacting Vulnerabilities right in the rulebook, on 6E1 432. :) IIRC that rule derived from a question someone asked years ago, but my mind may be playing tricks on me. ;)

There’s also a brief rule about Vulnerabilities and Susceptibilities, Dependencies, and so forth, but I can see where some campaigns and characters might want to delve into the subject in greater detail. Too bad I don’t write the HEROglyphs column anymore; that would make for a good topic.