Getting Inside Armor

Steve

Question

A character with Shrinker's powerset attacks Armadillo, getting inside his powered armor using her shrinking powers. Would Shrinker's attacks then ignore Armadillo's armor and only be defended against by his natural PD and ED? I'm assuming this would only work like this when the defenses are through a Focus.

In general, does armor through a Focus offer no defense against an enemy that gets inside?

1 answer to this question

This is a question best left to the judgment of the GM, I think (though common sense certainly tells us that getting "inside" armor or other defense means that defense doesn't apply, any more than a castle's outer walls protect against besiegers who've made it through the gate into the courtyard).

I would also suggest the GM solicit the players' input thusly:  "If I let ShrinkMan get inside a villain's powered armor and attack him so that he doesn't get the benefit of the defenses he bought through that armor, are you prepared to have me do the same thing to powered armor-wearing heroes when I have a villain with shrinking powers?" Sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander, and all that. Sometimes the benefit of using a clever tactic isn't worth the possibility of having it used against you. ;)