Kountry Gaming Preview Mighty Woman

JmOz

Just giving my first thoughts

unbalanced Character, which two big issues imho :

- first OCv max is 6+4 ) 10 for 6d6 Damage. barely able to even fight a VIPER agent. => odd for a more than 400 points character

- Secondly - and it's the GMtress that speaks here - I'd not allow such a buidling even for a NPC, as most of the character stats are "underpaid" using lots of OIHID and Unified Power mods. 

I'm sure going deeper in details I'd find some other issues.

Might need some work ;)

Opale, sincerely

As a Teen Hero, Mighty Woman appears to exactly fit the genre and power levels for a teacher who came up through the ranks of students.

The OIF limitation makes it difficult for the teen hero to get access to her powers. She's perfectly capable of dealing with normal threats without the armor, and is quite impressive.

In fact, she reminds me in a number of ways of a very different Teen Hero idea I'm tinkering with.

Just giving my first thoughts

unbalanced Character, which two big issues imho :

- first OCv max is 6+4 ) 10 for 6d6 Damage. barely able to even fight a VIPER agent. => odd for a more than 400 points character

- Secondly - and it's the GMtress that speaks here - I'd not allow such a buidling even for a NPC, as most of the character stats are "underpaid" using lots of OIHID and Unified Power mods. 

I'm sure going deeper in details I'd find some other issues.

Might need some work ;)

Opale, sincerely

OCV max 11 with 10d6 Damage (Check Martial arts).  Normally will by 8 OCV / 7 DCV with skill levels applied.  I am adding some more damage to her however (up to 12d6).

On the limitations: No more limiting than an OIF based build IMO.  The stage 2 is not intended to be used often. 

Remember the character's primary purpose is to be a NPC for the teen heroes.  I purposefully made her a little underpowered in combat so that the students could shine, but powerful enough to provide backup. 

As a Teen Hero, Mighty Woman appears to exactly fit the genre and power levels for a teacher who came up through the ranks of students.

The OIF limitation makes it difficult for the teen hero to get access to her powers. She's perfectly capable of dealing with normal threats without the armor, and is quite impressive.

In fact, she reminds me in a number of ways of a very different Teen Hero idea I'm tinkering with.

The OIF (armor) is a common item in my world, the communicator I am reworking as well.  The gadget pool is to help boost her when she needs it.  Thanks for the encouragement.  The teens will be Low powered heroes +25 points and will probably also have the armor and communicator

A lot depends on the campaign guidelines.  In my campaigns, which are admittedly very "non-canon", this character would occupy both the "tank space and the speedster space and perhaps the "skill monger" space.  But in my world Viper Agents have CV of 4, most PC's have 5-6 with "dodgy" characters topping out at 13.  rpd for brick/tank characters 15-18.  Most PC's speed is 3-4, with speedster types capping out at 6.

All said, if the NPC does what you need it to do then it is all good.  I'm not clear on why you bought +5 to recall data and Eidetic Memory.

In my campaign Mighty Woman would have no problem being very combat effective, the combination of high OCV and high speed she could make many sweep attacks with impunity while bouncing a lot of damage. 

Anyway, without the campaign guidelines/build philosophy it is hard to evaluate.  With the VPP, any glaring errors could be remedied I think.