Succor to REC in MP

ScottoStanek

I saw how you flinched when someone asked about REC in a multipower slot. How would you react to someone buying 3d6 Succor to REC? In theory this would be a 3 END power that could give up to +9 REC added to the char's current level. An addition of up to 6 End per and 9 stun . Or does paying the END for REC count as an action that would prevent a recovery?

The character concept BTW is a shapeshifter with Regen, earth based powers. He doesn't have a real hot REC normally, but after a KIA and wakeup (and one regular recovery to get some End to work with) this would let him huddle up for a couple phases to get his STUN back to combat levels.

Scotto the Unwise

Since this really isn't a rules question but a sort of "would you allow it" question, I figured I'd move it to the Discussion board. I thought people might enjoy talking about it.

To the extent there's a rules question, yes, paying END for Succor -- or anything else -- prevents the character from taking a Recovery.

I allow stats in multipowers insofar as they cost endurence. Since succor is an adjustment power (and costs endurence by default) I see little issue with putting it in a power framework.

As always, however, the game-master needs to evaluate what this will do to the power levels of the campaign.

Succor to Rec, when do the points Fade?

To the extent there's a rules question, yes, paying END for Succor -- or anything else -- prevents the character from taking a Recovery.

Okay, that and the line from pg 89 "stop paying END, the points gained from Succor fade immediately". When is 'immediately' in this case? Do the points go away at the end of the phase in which the succor stops getting End? --That would allow this power to be turned on, the next phase it is turned off by no End payment to do a recovery and they get the higher REC in that _one_ recovery. On the next segment the REC is back to starting value. Weaker than intended, but still a viable power.

If the lack of End payment means the points go away at the beginning of the phase, then this power could only possibly help by having it active over the phase 12, to get a boosted post-12 --nowhere else would it have any effect.

Could you apply a timescale change to make the "immediately fades" part of succor longer? ie +1/4 fade at end of turn no end paid, +1/2 1 minute after...

Scotto the Unwise

Could you apply a timescale change to make the "immediately fades" part of succor longer? ie +1/4 fade at end of turn no end paid, +1/2 1 minute after...

That's what "Aid, costs END" would do....isn't it?

Succor Recovery...let's skip the middle man. You want him to quickly be able to restore STUN and END to comabt levels?

How about 4d6 Aid to STUN and END, concentrate - 0 DCV throughout, costs END, fades 5 pt / minute (or per five minutes, or whatever)...then after combat his natural REC should keep him awake while the Aided points fade away...

You might even be able to set it up with a Trigger so it engages when he drops to a certain negative STUN total.