Defensive Limitation

eepjr24

Question

If I want to construct armor that is easily penetrated by part of an attack, even if the dice do not exceed the defense, would that just be a custom limitation? I am looking for basically the opposite of Penetrating, it grants attacks against this armor that advantage. My personal leaning would be toward a -1/4 limitation if it affected any attacks, but I sometimes have a tendency to undervalue limitations and wanted to get your take.

Examples:

Leaky Armor

10 Resistant Protection: 6 PD, 6 ED (18 Active Points), OIF (-1/2), Easily Penetrated (-1/4) 

Poorly Insulated Armor

11 Resistant Protection: 6 PD, 6 ED (18 Active Points), OIF (-1/2), [Easily Penetrated (-1/4) (-3.6 Active Points) Only versus Cold and Electrical Attacks (-1 1/2)]

- E

1 answer to this question

I think you’re undervaluing the Limitation. If Penetrating is +½, then it seems to me that a Limitation that in effect grants Penetrating to all attacks that hit a defense is worth at least -½, and quite possibly more. However, -¼ might be a good value for the Limitation if it only applied to a restricted group of attacks (for example, Easily Penetrated (Electricity only; -¼)).

I'll think about this some more. Maybe I can include a Limitation along these lines in APG3.