Change Environment: TK

eepjr24

Question

If you buy a Change Environment with TK, can multiple STR applications of the TK take place in a very short time? In this case, let's assume it is a spell that is meant to neaten and place things in their correct position. Example:

Change Environment: 1 STR TK (Up to 8 kg or 17 lbs), Area of Effect Radius: 8m (+1/2), 3x END (-1), Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time: Extra Phase (-3/4), No range (-1/2), Only within the confines the caster can see (-0)

Description: The spell will straighten up a room, moving objects to their original location, level hanging art work, put trash and debris into an appropriate container or if unavailable in a neat pile. It only works on the room or area the caster is in, up to the limits of the spell.

Would the power work as described? I have seen reference to cleaning spells and similar in 6e and since there was no example that I could find in the core books wanted to make sure this was a legal way to construct it. I realize there may be other possible builds.

- E

1 answer to this question

Yes, that’s a perfectly reasonable use of CE with TK — after all, it’s pretty much a “flavor” power that is highly unlikely to have any effect on game or character balance. If a character built a combat-oriented ability and expected it to function similarly, he should consult with his GM to make sure they both understand what the power should do and take steps to address any balance issues that might result.