HTH vs. Sticky Entangles

BoloOfEarth

Question

Glue Boy has an Entangle bought with Sticky (+1/2), which he uses on the superhero martial artist Lead Fist.  Fist's teammate Powerful Man uses his incredible strength to rip the glue off Lead Fist with his bare hands (doing enough damage to the Entangle in one attack to free Lead Fist).

By touching the Entangle, is Powerful Man now Entangled, or does his act of breaking Lead Fist free effectively destroy the Entangle completely?  I know that at the +1/4 level the latter would definitely be the case, but wasn't sure if the higher level of Sticky would leave Powerful Man a sticky mess.

1 answer to this question

I don’t currently have access to all of my books and materials, which have been packed up as part of my home renovation project, so I reserve the right to edit or change this answer at a future time. ;)

For the sake of simplicity if nothing else, if a character has to touch a Sticky (+½) Entangle to destroy it and thus free the Entangled character, destroying the Entangle means it does not affect him either. (Though as GM, I would probably inject a little humor by making the sticky stuff keep adhering to his hands and causing him problems, as in the scene with Orlando Jones and the Stickum in the movie The Replacements. ;) )