Constant, Uncontrolled or Both?

Christougher

Question

I'm having a little problem figuring out if or when I need Uncontrolled.

1) Bipolar has a personal defense magnetic force field, this field is strong enough to affect nearby electronics.  (Resistant Defense Costs END plus Change Environment No Range).   He also has a multipower of magnetic blasts that the PDMFF should not interfere with.  How does this work without (and with) Uncontrolled on the Change Environment power? 

2) One of his attacks is projecting a similar bubble to the PDMFF against others (Entangle plus Change Environment).  Pretty sure this time CE needs Uncontrolled, but how does it work without it?

3) What happens when Bipolar gains experience and buys off the Costs END on his PDMFF, also buying the Change Environment to Zero END and Persistent - without and with Uncontrolled? 

4) With more experience, Bipolar amplifies the PDMFF to keep people off with an Energy Blast Damage Shield.  Pretty sure this doesn't need Uncontrolled, but what happens if it's added?

5) Even more experience later, he expands the PDMFF, upgrading to a Barrier, increasing the radius of the Change Environment, and making the Energy Blast a Constant AoE Explosion.  Pretty sure the Barrier doesn't need Uncontrolled (but what if it has it?) and the Energy Blast Constant AoE Explosion does need it (but what happens without it?)

Chris.

1 answer to this question

OK, I finally had time to get back to this. Sorry for the delay!

1. I’m not sure I understand this question. How would having an Uncontrolled CE power (that affects electronic devices) interact at all with a Multipower of magnetic blasts? Are you saying you think the CE should affect some (or all) of the magnetic blasts, thus reducing them in effectiveness?

2. Again, not entirely sure I understand what you want to know. CE is a Constant Power, so the CE part of the bubble remains in effect as long as Bipolar pays END to maintain it. If he doesn’t, it stops working. If (as I suspect) you want the CE to last as long as the Entangle, you definitely need Uncontrolled (or some other game element that synchs it up with the Entangle).

3. Assuming the GM allows Bipolar to have a 0 END Uncontrolled power, this form of the power is certainly likely to last longer, and without any need for Bipolar to focus on it. Otherwise, again I’m not entirely sure I understand what you’re asking — what do you think should happen?

4. A Damage Shield already has to be bought with Constant. If Bipolar makes it Uncontrolled, then Uncontrolled’s effects apply:  the feeds the DS a set amount of END, and when that END runs out the DS stops working.

5. Well, again, I can’t say much other than:  if Bipolar makes it Uncontrolled, then Uncontrolled’s effects apply:  the feeds the Barrier (or Blast) a set amount of END, and when that END runs out the Barrier (and all associated effects) (or Blast) stops working.

As an aside, I’m not sure Blast, Constant, AoE, Explosion is what you want. If you want anyone touching the Barrier to suffer the effects of the Blast, then buy it as a Damage Shield that covers the Barrier, or as an Area Of Effect (Line) that’s Linked to the Barrier.

I hope those answers help! I’m guessing that I didn’t entirely follow your assumptions and what you were really asking, so one or more follow-up questions will probably be necessary. If you post them, it might help if you explain (1) what exactly you want the power to do, and (2) what you think will happen if you apply Uncontrolled (or whatever). Thanx!