Mental Combat Skill Levels

Lord Liaden

Question

Happy New Year, Steve! I hope everything good you seek comes to you this year.

I apologize if this is covered in the rule book and I just couldn't find it, so feel free to point me there. :stupid:  I know that Mental Powers in general require their own Combat Skill Levels, and can't be improved with other types of CSL, even All Combat. Suppose a character were to have a Multipower of more than three attack Power slots, and wanted to buy Large Group CSL for it; but one or more of those Attacks was a Mental Power, while the others weren't. Would the CSL apply to the Mental slots, or would one still have to purchase separate Mental CSL for them?

As always, thanks for taking the time to do this. :)

1 answer to this question

Happy New Year to you and yours as well, LL!

The default answer is, “No, it wouldn’t” — but this is really something that should be left up to the GM to decide. How Mental Powers work in his campaign, the special effect of the slot in question, and other factors may affect the answer, so the GM’s the only one who can respond definitively. He should start with my “No” as a default (in the interest of keeping the rule about Mental Powers and CSLs consistent), but shouldn’t feel any qualms about changing the answer if he feels that suits his campaign (or this particular character) better.