Penalty Skill Levels - Targeting Specific Location

Steve

Question

For Penalty Skill Levels bought as Targeting Skill Levels, is it legal to apply a Limitation to them, so that they can only be used to target a specific hit location?

For example, a Boxing uppercut maneuver built by using Penalty Skill Levels (Targeting) that apply to Martial Strike. Those skill levels are limited in that they can only be used to offset the hit location penalty for Martial Strikes aimed at Hit Location 5 (the chin). They can't be used to target any other Hit Locations.

1 answer to this question

The rules for putting Limitations on Penalty Skill Levels (any type) are at the bottom right of 6E1 84 (and the middle left column of 6E1 85, for defensive PSLs). Beyond that, it's mostly a matter of what the GM will let you get away with. ;)  For example, I probably wouldn't let you place Limits on TSLs at all -- they're already incredibly useful at their base price. I can see the real world logic behind your request, but I'd rather just work it out to say that you Uppercut always hits Location 5 for free, with no OCV penalties or damage bonuses. But other GMs may think differently.