increasing the maximum on Aid

dsatow

Question

So what is the official way to increase aid without increasing the number of dice?  I've heard two different methods and would like to know which is the correct method RaW.

1) Is to buy more dice of Aid with a limitation (-1) only to increase the maximum amount of aid.

2) Use a +1/4 advantage to double the usable max as in CC pg 211 power example "The Madder I get, the stronger I get"

1 answer to this question

The Advantage you cite on CC 211 — it’s titled Increased Maximum Effect — isn’t something I can find in any of the official 6E rulebooks. Unless someone can point me to a source I’m overlooking (which is entirely possible :) ), I can’t consider that an official 6E Advantage. There is an Increased Maximum (+¼) Advantage (see 6E 165-66), but it applies specifically to Absorption only.

Therefore, the correct way to do what you describe is (1), buy more Aid dice with a Limitation. Of course, you can ask your GM to adopt Increased Maximum Effect for your campaign as well. I will also consider putting something like it in APG3, but caveat:  even if I think that’s a good idea, what I come up with may not match IME from CC. Or it might. I’m mysterious thataway. ;)