GMing my first game

quozaxx

Well, Saturday,  I GMed my very first time 

It was challenging,  but fun.  

First I established the one with magic,  was contacted by the head of the University paranormal studies. 

The man's name was Drake Shelton,  and he was expecting a potentially magical artifact from the ruins of Pompeii 

So, I had one character driving with his DNPC, one in his secret ID, driving and one flying over a bridge that was partially under construction 

While heading over the bridge,  they saw a vortex about the size of a football stadium appear in the sky.   

12 giant, car sized,  spiders fall out, but 3 fall into the water.  (Or so it seems)  3 fell onto the tower that spans over the bridge,  and the other 6, land on the bridge. 

A fight ensued.   A worker got bit and a driver got hurt.  The spiders were relatively easy to stun and knock out. 

One thing that threw me off was the DNPC knew the hero's identity.   I was hoping to play that out a little. 

The heroes found a box in the back of the UPS truck that was magical and headed to Drake Shelton 

They opened the box with Drake and it was a very powerful magic wand.  It radiates magic and basically they just let everyone who can detect magic know that they had a very powerful magic artifact. 

Even after closing the box, they could feel the magic.  

Of course,  this is a very abbreviated version of what happened,  but you get the idea