Persistent Uncontrolled Constant Flash at 0 end

dsatow

Question

Persistent Uncontrolled Constant Flash at 0 end would rob the target of the sense until the situation which would cancel the uncontrolled power would shut it off, right?  (Assuming the flash lasts long enough between phases.)

Also, if the power is running, I assume the user can cancel the power.  Is this a bad assumption?

1 answer to this question

Sorry for the delay in responding — the latter part of February was unusually busy, and then food poisoning/a stomach bug sidelined me all last week. I’m only now catching up with things.

OK, so there are two questions here:

1. Yes, that’s how the power would work. Not sure how many GMs would allow a character to buy that power, though — it makes it ridiculously inexpensive to blind characters with Sight Group Flash 1d6s.

2. Here’s a more general question:  Can a character who uses an Uncontrolled power “turn off” that power at any time after he uses it? The answer is No — once a character uses an Uncontrolled power, he loses all control over it (no pun intended). However, assuming special effects permitted, he could easily specify “I decide to cancel the power” as one of the conditions that make it stop functioning. That can’t be the only condition to stop the power — at least one has to be something the target of the power could do (or take advantage of) on his own — but it could easily be one of them. This makes a lot of sense for certain spells in Fantasy Hero games, for instance.