creating a game based on avatar the last airbender

hypnotica

I dont know if anyone has done anything with avatar yet. I was thinking of starting up a campaign in that universe (of course tweaked probably wont ever come across the avatar from the series or even one of his incarnations) I just found the whole Avatar "Universe" an interesting concept and one worthy of some Role Playing. Ive tried creating a map but Im not too happy. So ive looked for maps online that i could tweak. Then looked for anything on this website but the search paramaters arent coming up anywhere useful. Can you stear me in the right direction of where to look or if you have any ideas I would appreciate it.

Re: creating a game based on avatar the last airbender

yep i love the cartoon and the story and how everything works that i wanted to run a campaign(SP) in that universe. Of course I['ll tweak it a bit, I of course as the GM will be the Avatar (if the Avatar ever shows up ). What I really wanted was to have package deals for each nation so when they make their characters, if they want to be able to bend, they will have to buy this package (or I might give it to them havent decided we'll see the closer the games starts). I was hoping for some ideas of packages (i mean what skills, perks, powers and then to offset that what disadvantages would each nation have).

If you've seen the show then you know they do martial art moves that actually causes bending. I'm not sure how I would create the actual bending with the martial arts. Theres just so much I could do Im just feeling a bit overwhelmed. So I thought turning to you wonderful creative people would help.

:thumbup:

I was wondering what powers do any of you recommend to start out each nation with, especially beginner. Most of the stuff you see in the show is very advanced (IMHO) because the Avatar is going against very advance foes. I would let my players have EC's one EC:Fire Nation, EC:Earth Nation .. etc...

I wanted to create some NPC's to show the guys I've recruited how say an earth bender would look on paper, and I ll do that with each nation.

I have plans of tweaking the Universe to my specs so it wont be a rip off of the show but close enough ( after all in the show you only know a little about the whole avatar universe the avatar may be only a few generations old or it may be hundreds of thousands it may have started on a post apocolyptic world say earth a thousand years after a nuclear or biological war humans carved their way up to where they are now in the story ) sorry too far off topic but basically just looking for ideas on packages and basic maybe to advanced powers that you would think each of the nations would possess.:thumbup:

heres one of the characters I made up as a starting bender. Its 100 points what do you think? Especially the package

Name: Nafu

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

14 DEX 12

13 CON 6

14 BODY 8

15 INT 5

13 EGO 6

10 PRE 0

14 COM 2

3 PD 0

3 ED 0

3 SPD 6

6 REC 0

27 END 0

30 STUN 1

Characteristic Rolls: STR: 12-, DEX: 12-, CON: 12-, INT: 12-, EGO: 12-, PER: 12-

Run: 6/7", Swim: 2", Jump: 3/13", Lift: 200kg

Cost Powers END/Roll

2 EC: (Air Bending) (5-pt reserve); Focus Breakability: Breakable; Concentrate: ½ DCV, -¼; Extra Time Required: Only At Startup, ½; Requires Skill Roll: -½; IAF: -½; Costs END: -½

Because Nafu is learning Air Bending he relys heavily on scrolls that were handed down by his father. Nafu must study the scrolls once a day every day or his bending suffers

a-2 Force Wall (Wall of Air) (2 PD/2 ED); Range: 50; Width: 2", +0; Focus Breakability: Breakable; Concentrate: ½ DCV, -¼; Extra Time Required: Only At Startup, ½; Requires Skill Roll: -½; IAF: -½; Costs END: -½ 1

b-3 5" Gliding (NC: 40"); Non-Combat Multiplier: ×8, +10; Non-Combat (MPH): 45; OAF: -1; Focus Breakability: Breakable; Concentrate: ½ DCV, -¼; Extra Time Required: Only At Startup, ½; Requires Skill Roll: -½; IAF: -½; Costs END: -½

Air staff which opens up to an AirRider

c-2 Superleap (air riding) (+10", 13", NC: 26"); Non-Combat Multiplier: ×2, +0; Non-Combat (MPH): 22; Focus Breakability: Breakable; Concentrate: ½ DCV, -¼; Extra Time Required: Only At Startup, ½; Requires Skill Roll: -½; IAF: -½; Costs END: -½ 2

Cost Skills, Talents, Perks Roll

14 Air Bender

(3) Air Bending

(3) Animal Handler (Air Bisons) 11-

(3) Breakfall 12-

(1) Area Knowledge (Air Kingdom) 11-

(3) Acrobatics 12-

(1) City Knowledge (City of Birth) 11-

(2) KS: (Air Bending) 11-

(6) DEX Maximum: +2 (Max. 22)

(3) INT Maximum: +3 (Max. 23)

(2) EGO Maximum: +1 (Max. 21)

(-1) PD Maximum: -2 (Max. 6)

(-1) ED Maximum: -2 (Max. 6)

(-3) STUN Maximum: -5 (Max. 45)

(2) Running (+1", 7", NC: 14"); Non-Combat Multiplier: ×2, +0; Non-Combat (MPH): 2 1

(-10) Disadvantages

(5) Watched (Other Nations) (8-); Capabilities: As Powerful, 10; Non-combat Influence: None, +0; Geographical Area: Unlimited, -0; Only Watching: ×½; Punishment: Harsh, 0

(5) Distinctive Features (Air Bender); Concealability: Easily, 5; Reaction: Noticed and Recognizable, +0

3 Aeral Navigation 11-

2 PS: Cook 11-

3 Traveler

3 Survival 11-

3 Bump of Direction

3 Lightsleep

3 Climbing 12-

3 Concealment 12-

3 KS: Herbs 12-

50+ Disadvantages

20 Honorable (Always Keeps his word) (Common, Total)

20 Code Against Murder (Common, Total)

10 Phys. Lim.: (Only has 3 fingers on each hand) (Frequently, Slightly)

Equipment

0 Equipment

0 Air Rider (0kg)

Allows an Air bender to Glide through the air.

0 Backpack (0kg)

0 Sling (1d6+1K); OCV: 0; R Mod: -1; DC: 4; STUNx: +1; STR Min: 10; Shots: 1; Weight: 0

0 Blanket (0kg)

0 Flint (0kg)

0 Rope (30m) (0kg)

0 Tinder (0kg)

0 Waterskin (0kg)

OCV: 5; DCV: 5; ECV: 4; Mental Def.: 0; Phases: 4, 8, 12

PD/rPD: 3/0; ED/rED: 3/0

Costs: Char.: 51 Disad.: 50

Powers: + 49 Base: + 50

Total: = 100 Total: = 100

Background: Having lost his parents 6 years ago to a fire nation attack at the eastern Air temple that killed everyone but the lucky few who fled. Nafu's been on his own moving from town to town to different nations trying to find a way to stop the fire nation and to avenge his parents death while honoring them in the process.

Height: 179cm (5'10"), Weight: 85kg (187 lbs), Sex: Male, Age: 20, Race: Human

Appearance: Looking at Nafu you would pass him by as being just another person. He doesn't appear to be from any nation which helps him blend in and his mild demeanor helps him hide in a crowd.

You may want to discuss this on the other thread I pointed to above, but each nation's soldiers use a different martial art so you could start there. Wikipedia can get you going in the right direction as can the other thread.