Wish my PC's luck (insert evil GM laugh here)

TheEmerged

Of the more than a dozen potential adventure threads I offered them (linked here), the PC's picked the one that's going to have them coming into contact with 2 of the campaign's world-shakers (1278 and 1335), could well involve contact with a powerful superhero team (the PC's are villains), and if they aren't careful in the middle of a 'faction war' between the Nova Warriors (think domestic terrorists with superpowers) and the Defiants Proper (think resistance group with superpowers).

I've had to make over 15 character writeups in the last two days, and I've got another 10 to go before 2PM Sunday. Maybe you oughta be wishing *me* luck :D

RE: Jaguar being in North Carolina. The first few times I put the PC's agaisnt the Champions, I hadn't put him back in. One of the PC's is surrounded by a darkness field (and the other PC's all have ways around it), and this proved somewhat problematic against the Champions. As such, I figured the "targetting scent" Jaguar (not 100% official or realistic, I know) would make a nice foil for that character on the Champions. I needed to decide where he'd been, and the idea that he was a Domestic Defender assigned to a city he didn't get along with occured to me. I picked a city at random and Charlotte, North Carolina won. Probably *should* have been Jacksonville, Florida I suppose, but the PC's wouldn't have stopped riding me about football fanboism :D

And thanks, the adventure went nicely. Nicely enough the PC's decided to follow it up instead of moving on to another thread. The only spot in the adventure that was a little disappointing was when they found themselves in the middle of a debate between Patriot, the Yellow Journalist, and the Velociraptor about the future of the Defiants (the "American Resistance" against the Nova Registration Act, lifted from the Brave New World continuity) -- the PC's went passive instead of joining in. Looks like they're going to be caught in the middle of that faction war :)

RE: Opportunity List. It might be overkill, but here's something to consider. I'm running a "villain" campaign, so I can't motivate them the normal ways. I can't just say, "Giant Robots are attacking the city -- Avengers Assemble!" One of the strengths of running a villain campaign is that it allows the PC's to be more proactive; but, in true Theseus Principle fashion, that's also the biggest weakness of villain campaigns. I've found that this method works rather well with the players -- start out with a lot of opportunities for them to choose from, and then from session to session expand on the previous ones. It does an admirable job of foreshadowing, and gives me a great chance to establish campaign flavor.