Darkness affect on a super team mindlink

MatthewBusch

Question

Hello, We had a darkness that also affected sight, mental senses and sonar tossed on our hero group and the GM also suppressed our Team Mindlink that was previously established prior to entering the darkness.  Since darkness just suppresses the senses I would have thought I could not initiate a mindscan or mindlink while in the darkness, but that a mindlink previously established would still be in effect since mental AOE blast powers  centered on me still worked.  Or maybe iit does suppress the mindlink while we are in teh darkness sincce it acts like a sense?  Any thoughts from the Champions community on whether the GM went overboard or would that be considered a standard affect for darkness to mental senses?

Our GM is very experienced and runs a great game.

Edited by MatthewBusch

1 answer to this question

6E2 page 14:

A Darkness versus the Mental Sense Group prevents any use of Mental Awareness or Mind Scan by affected characters. It also prevents the use of Telepathy and Mind Link, since, like a Darkness versus Hearing, it affects both the “mental hearing” and the “mental voice” aspects of those Powers.