Resource Point Cost for Extra Clips

SangurianSoul

Question

Hello everyone, ive been trying to find the answer to this for hours. Combed through the APG 1+2, and the Equipment Guide. I can not figure this out...

Im starting a monster hunter (van helsing, witcher, castlevania style) campaign with my group. We mutually decided on using Resource Points for our equipment, that worked well in a Fantasy game we just finished.

But this question came up. How much does a "clip" (or equivalent amount of bullets for a full reload) cost? Say, on a given mission, our gunslinger decides to bring four reloads worth of bullets with him?

Should the gun with the appropriate amount of clips just be mathed out each time? Does the little box in the EG pg 70 about not using MPs have any merrit?

Thoughts?

1 answer to this question

Typically, to determine the point cost of a single clip, you'd figure out the cost of the weapon with two clips, and subtract the cost of the weapon with a single clip.  While the guidance on HSEG p. 70 refers to different ammunition types, this is the same method, applied to a single type.  The GM can if they wish, following the HSEG guidance, set a standard cost for an additional clip.  I would suggest looking in the Dark Champions supplement if you have it; I apologize that I don't have it with me at the moment and can't check there, but it's likely that that book addresses the point cost for additional clips.

Edit:  Dark Champions (for 5e) p. 214 discusses buying additional clips, but essentially is the same as what I said above, and is the same text as in HSEG.