[5edR] Breaking weapons in Hero

Spence

So I have a conundrum.

Looking thru 5th editions books and then through 6th editions I can find a lot on weapons being hit and damaged.  But that is not what I am actually looking for.

My question is if a very strong character uses a weapon regular weapon and the weapon is too weak to withstand their use, how do you calculate damage to the weapon.

Normal human Saxon warrior is knocked flying and drops his great axe (2d6+1, 16 STR min, 8 BDY, 4 Def.).  Extremely overpowered and smart for example purposes Troll (Str 80) picks up said great axe and hits warrior.   Now you would think that at least the axe handle would shatter under the force applied by the Troll. But how would the game define the process. 

Would you determine the amount of Body generated by the blow, subtract the ax's Def and see is the ax's body goes to zero.  Does it shatter at zero or at -1? 

Does the ax only take 1 point of body if the Def is exceeded regardless of how much Body gets through? 

I have been mulling this around for a bit in my personal Covid induced echo chamber and I would love to hear what Herodom thinks on this. 

Maybe this will help? 6e1, 199

Typically when a character adds damage to a weapon with the STR Minimum rules, he can no more than double the base Damage Classes of the weapon used. However, at the GM’s option he can do more damage than that, but the weapon also takes the full amount of damage it does to the target (and thus probably breaks).

Using those rules, the Trolls strength (after reducing to 64 for Strength Minimum) would double the damage to 4 1/2 d6, leaving 25 remaining strength beyond the maximum. If the GM allows, the Troll could decide he cares not for the weapon and go ahead and do 6d6+1 killing damage to the poor Saxon (creating a red Saxon shaped splotch on the ground). The weapon at that point would take up to 20 body (assuming the Saxon has 10 body), exceeding it's 8 Body and 4 Def, likely breaking it to multiple pieces.