Regenerating other stats than Body

Christopher R Taylor

Question

In the Advanced Player Guides, they mention the option of regenerating characteristics other than Body, which makes sense and is a useful concept.  However, there is no real details on how to do this.  There are three possibilities that I can think of that might be used:

1) You regenerate 1 (insert characteristic here) per time interim; 1 Body, 1 END, 1 Speed, etc

2) You regenerate 1 character point of (insert characteristic here) per time interim; 1 Body, 5 END, 1/10th Speed, etc

3) You regenerate your recovery worth of (insert characteristic here) per time interim (based on the rules on how to use regeneration to recover drained or otherwise lost powers).  

1 Is the simplest and seems the most balanced one in terms of controlling effects in the game

2 Is the most logical and rules-consistent concept, but can be broken with characteristics like END or STN

3 Is the least plausible, since you only get 1 Body per interim, so why get more of other stats?

How does it work?

1 answer to this question

1. This forum is for questions on HERO System Sixth Edition rules -- this is not really a rule so much as an option for tool-kitting, so not truly applicable to this forum. If you'd like discussion on the subject, I'd recommend posting to the discussion forum.

2. That said, in order to keep things consistent with the rules, I'd have to answer with the following:

• For Characteristics not normally affected by REC, you Regenerate 1 characteristic point every time interval (your second option) -- this keeps the cost structure consistent with the standard BODY Regeneration
  • For Characteristics that reduced through normal use (END and STUN), you Regenerate your REC to the Characteristic's maximum every time interval (your third option) -- this changes Regeneration slightly for these Characteristics so that it is not replacing your normal REC with something cheaper (it is not recovering END or STUN that are used/reduced) - it is only used to Regenerate "lost" values in these Characteristics (i.e. lost maximum through Drain, etc.).