Missing iCloud Drive...

Amorkca

Hello Simon

I've been having a strange issue with HD on my iMac, it can no longer find the iCloud drive that has all my hdc files on it.  I can find the drive in Finder but not through HD.

I also have HD installed on a PC in my Livingroom, it has access to those iCloud files with no issues!

I used to be able to open the file on my PC, make changes, then down in my office open the same file on my iMac and view/edit from there as well.

Any suggestions will be welcome.  Apple says its nothing they've done as I can find the files in Finder... but I don't believe them...

Apple also suggested I ask for help from the creator of HD.

Thanks

When you start talking about the filesystem (especially networked drives), it's getting into that marvelous gray area between Java and the native OS.  There's nothing in HD's code that would limit or filter the drives that you can see (at all)...but you'll likely want to look at the permissions that you're giving to Java within MacOS.  I don't like recommending it, but I haven't found a better way on my own systems than giving Java full disk access.  Go to Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy tab

I'm missing something...

When I go to my system, It doesn't show Java in the box it only shows the java update

image.png.095817b59ee3dc0df7d08ae1bbf46c19.png

Above this box is fpsaud, googlesoftwareUpdateDaemon, com.microsoft.autoupdate.helper, mdworker and Relauncher in the list

Below that is: Java Updater (with a check) and zoom.us

I can take images of the above files if they help...

When I look further into Java I get not much at all:

image.png.e0a05280ce95e6b3fa1f621cb8e0230e.png

The first image just confirms that HD doesn't have permissions to view your icloud drive (through java).  The second image is more worrying -- you'll need to determine where you've installed java in your system so that you can manually add it into the full disk access permissions.  It's likely already present under the files and folders section, but you don't get too much insight from that.  Look under the Library directory in your user folder to start...

9 hours ago, Amorkca said:

I've had internet problems this evening since getting home, I will investigate your suggestion about finding where Java is installed...  By your experience, can I uninstall Java and then try to reinstall where it needs to go?

Thanks for your help thus far

You can, certainly.  You likely installed it for the current user only when putting it on your system, which is fine, it just means that it will go into the Library folder on beneath your user directory. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling should prompt you to grant permissions to Java when you first run it, so you can give it full drive access that way.

I keep getting the same Java 8 Update 301 file - I cannot get it to load into the Full Disk Access.

When I reinstall Java, I don't get any requests to allow me to grant Full Disk access...  I'm about ready to throw the machine away... (not really but I am tempted!)

I don't know what else to do...

• 2 weeks later...