How do I do the following?

Mr. R

I tried to use HD for 5th edition to make a couple of FH characters and well I need to know how to do the following:

1) Equipment- Especially magic items that are independent (-2) of the NPC but I want to list as part of his stats

2) Familiarity as a power-  The magic systems I am planning to use allow a familiairity (1 to 2 points) to stand if for the power.  But I want to list the power later so show what this Fam bought. 

Example: 

7  Basic Running: Running +5" (6"/21" total), x4 Noncombat (15 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Incantations (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4) [Notes: Totemic Shamanism] 1

15  Advanced Running: Running +10" (6"/21" total), x8 Noncombat (30 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Incantations (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4) [Notes: Totemic Shamanism] 

Or do I just make a list on a separate toon and give him the list with the ones he wants highlighted.

3) Again familiarity but there is no set list of powers.  These are runes and each has their own construct.  Do I do the same as above?