Move by on a vehicle(Such as a motorcycle or Hover board)

Githsarrin

Question

I understand that the pilot/Driver takes penalties if he is the one attacking while driving but does the pilot use the vehicles OCV or his own? If he is punching with his hand, or with a weapon like a bat or sword would you still use the vehicles ocv? Looks as if the character is suppose to use the lowest of the OCV's from either the vehicle of the individual but it just doesn't seem logical if the attack is actually from the individual and the vehicle is just being used as a movement power. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2 answers to this question

Per the rules as written, a character operating a vehicle uses his OCV or the vehicle’s, whichever is lower. Obviously, you can vary from that in an individual situation if doing so seems more logical to you, but that is the normal rule.

Personally as a GM, in the specific examples of a motorcycle and a hoverboard, I would follow the default rules. In neither case does it seem to me like the attacker would be just as capable while also controlling the vehicle as they would be "under their own power." They don't have full freedom of movement within the constraints of staying on the vehicle, dealing with the vehicle's Turn Mode, etc.