starting off

Mark Rand

11 hours ago, steriaca said:

Rob follows Doreen, as he is a member of the Drama Club also. "So, any clue you got about the new play Do-chan?"

"It's a musical, but not the annual play for charity," Doreen replies.  "That comes after homecoming, not before it."

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"It's a musical, but not the annual play for charity," Doreen replies.  "That comes after homecoming, not before it."

"Which musical? Little Shop? Sound of Music? Annie? Mame? West Side Story? Grease? Heaven forbid Rocky Horror."

9 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Doreen takes a script and says, “This will be fun.  I suspect that Tim Clark will play one of the Pick-a-little Ladies.”  She then turns and displays her script copy front cover.  It's The Music Man.

"Honestly I don't think I have the chops to play the con man. I can see you as the librarian. In the film if I remember they slowly change her hairstyle as she starts falling in love with Mr. Hill. Since it is about say between the fist two world wars...I think...maybe even before the first one...the pickford style curls were still popular enough."

Rob sighs. "I'm hoping for one of the male dancers myself. Maybe a barber shop quartet member slash police force member."

6 hours ago, steriaca said:

"Honestly I don't think I have the chops to play the con man. I can see you as the librarian. In the film if I remember they slowly change her hairstyle as she starts falling in love with Mr. Hill. Since it is about say between the fist two world wars...I think...maybe even before the first one...the pickford style curls were still popular enough."

Rob sighs. "I'm hoping for one of the male dancers myself. Maybe a barber shop quartet member slash police force member."

Doreen says, "The barbershop quartet members were the school board members.  Constable Locke was the town's police force."  She then adds, "We watched the DVD at home last week."

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Doreen says, "The barbershop quartet members were the school board members.  Constable Locke was the town's police force."  She then adds, "We watched the DVD at home last week."

"Ha! Yes, they would take all the good support roles. Which reminds me, did you get the stack of Spin and Marty scripts they want us to go over?"

Lowering the volume of his voice, Rob whispers "and the patrol list Batgirl wrote up...?"

23 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"Ha! Yes, they would take all the good support roles. Which reminds me, did you get the stack of Spin and Marty scripts they want us to go over?"

Lowering the volume of his voice, Rob whispers "and the patrol list Batgirl wrote up...?"

"Yeah," Doreen replies as Darlene Gomez and fraternal twins Christine and Crystal Donaldson enter and get their scripts.

2 hours ago, steriaca said:

"Well, wonder what role they are offering me?" Rob looks at the script. 

"They're offering you Harold Hill," Doreen says.  "I'm being offered Marian.  They want Tim Clark and Christine and Crystal Donaldson to play three of the Pick-a-little Ladies." 

4 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"They're offering you Harold Hill," Doreen says.  "I'm being offered Marian.  They want Tim Clark and Christine and Crystal Donaldson to play three of the Pick-a-little Ladies." 

"I was hoping for a more minor role. I might be good, but I can't star in every show. Nice to know you got Marian. I think you would look beautiful with thoes curls. And with your hair up in a bun. Braids. Odango buns. Ox horns. Um...I'm rambling again..."

"You could always ask for the part of Mayor George Shinn, a pompous politician who is suspicious of Hill, or Charlie Cowell, an anvil salesman who tries to expose Hill as a fraud and con man, or Constable Locke, the town peace officer," Doreen says.         

14 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"You could always ask for the part of Mayor George Shinn, a pompous politician who is suspicious of Hill, or Charlie Cowell, an anvil salesman who tries to expose Hill as a fraud and con man, or Constable Locke, the town peace officer," Doreen says.         

"And let someone else romance you? I didn't spend three months changing into a bumbling blob whenever you were around at dance class to let someone else taist thoes lips of yours."

22 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"And let someone else romance you? I didn't spend three months changing into a bumbling blob whenever you were around at dance class to let someone else taist thoes lips of yours."

"I could play Mrs. Shinn if you play the mayor," Doreen says.

22 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"True. Let's see if anyone else goes for the leading characters before truly deciding. But we shouldn't wait to long."

"Agreed," Doreen said as Tim was going over lines with Christine and Crystal Donaldson, who he had performed in amateur theater with a number of times.