Hitting Objects

War Admiral

How does one go about striking objects in combat? Let's say for example we have a group of characters pinned in a corridor by stormtroopers and while they're trading blaster fire, one of the players wants to target a little control panel at the other end of the corridor hoping it will cause a blast door to come down, effectively blocking off the evil stormtroopers.

The rules mention something about DCV for objects being determined by size, but I can't seem to find details. Something about 1/2 human size being +2 DCV or else -2 OCV to the attacker and so on, but all the same, what is the base DCV a character needs to hit something?

Re: Hitting Objects

Originally posted by War Admiral

what is the base DCV a character needs to hit something?

A target's base DCV is its DEX/3. A control panel on a wall presumably has a DEX of 0, so its base DCV would be 0. (However, the attacker's OCV would be modified for the target's small size and possibly other factors such as concealment, so it probably won't be quite as easy to hit as it sounds...)

Whoa... its Brian from KotDT. Dont trust him. He bends rules...

;)

Hehhe.

Also dont forget to factor in any other variables. The size would give it a DCV, but I also factor in lighting and weather conditions etc etc. I also play fantasy hero where its not as superheroic, so thats also to be taken into consideration. I know in superheroic, people can do harder things easier. Usually.

-=Grim=-

Guest Keneton
Originally posted by GrimJesta

Whoa... its Brian from KotDT. Dont trust him. He bends rules...

;)

Hehhe.

Also dont forget to factor in any other variables. The size would give it a DCV, but I also factor in lighting and weather conditions etc etc. I also play fantasy hero where its not as superheroic, so thats also to be taken into consideration. I know in superheroic, people can do harder things easier. Usually.

-=Grim=-

These factors do not affect DCV, they affect your OCV. The objects DCV is simply 0+Size Modifier. Many chracters ignore darkness for example.

:)